Thank you for your interest in Boise City/Ada County Housing Authority's housing programs. We maintain waiting lists for our housing programs according to Federal housing laws. Our online pre-application is an easy, step-by-step way to get your name on our waiting lists.
Our Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Lottery is currently open for the following households only:
- Head of Household must be over 18 years of age; AND
- The Household must be low-income (50% or below Area Median Income); AND
- The Household must qualify for the Idaho residency preference (a family qualifies if the family lives, works, or has been hired to work within the state of Idaho); AND
- Must meet at least one of the following definitions:
- Head of household, co-head or spouse are age 62 or older;
- Head of household, co-head, or spouse is disabled;
- Families with minor children
|50% Area Median Income (Annual)
|1 person- $25,800
||5 person- $39,750
|2 person- $29,450
||6 person- $42,700
|3 person- $33,150
||7 person- $45,650
|4 person- $36,800
||8 person- $48,600
You must complete the entire application for the application to be valid.
Before you begin the application, you must have the names, dates of birth, and Social Security Numbers available for all household members. You should also know the amount of income for each household member.
If an applicant has a disability and requires a reasonable accommodation, or has extenuating circumstances that prevent them from applying online, please contact our office at (208) 287-1092.
Completing the Application:
As you complete the application, look for the following symbol:
* - Indicates that the information is required
Important: To move from one step of the application to another, you must use only the buttons at the bottom of the application. (The Begin button is below. Other steps have Next, Back, Confirm, and/or Submit buttons at the bottom that allow you to go forward and back within the application.) Using ANY OTHER option, including right-clicking with your mouse and selecting Back or Forward, will cause an error and may force you to begin a new application.
Click the Begin button to start your application.